Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
FSW is one of the economic immigration programs managed under the Express Entry system by the Canadian government. It is designed for skilled foreign workers who have the education, work experience, language proficiency, and other factors that make them well-suited for employment in Canada.
To be eligible for the FSW program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in a skilled occupation within the past ten years.
2. Meet the minimum language proficiency requirements in either English or French.
3. Have a minimum level of education, which may vary depending on the occupation and other factors.
4. Meet the minimum requirements for settlement funds, to show that they have enough money to support themselves and their family members when they first arrive in Canada.
5. Score a minimum number of points on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which is used to rank eligible candidates in the Express Entry pool.
If an individual meets these requirements and is invited to apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry system, they must then submit a complete application with all required documents within 60 days.