A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is a document issued by the Government of Canada that allows a foreign national to enter Canada for a temporary period, usually for tourism, business, or visiting family or friends. A TRV is also commonly known as a visitor visa.
To apply for a TRV, you will need to follow these steps:

1.   Determine if you need a TRV: Depending on your nationality, you may be exempt from needing a TRV to enter Canada. You can check the Government of Canada’s website to see if you are exempt or if you need to apply for a TRV.
2.  Gather the required documents: You will need to provide a valid passport or travel document, proof of financial support, and other supporting documents such as a letter of invitation from a Canadian host, a travel itinerary, and any other documents that demonstrate your ties to your home country.
3.    Complete the application form: You can apply for a TRV online or on paper. You will need to provide personal information, information about your travel plans, and other details.
4.    Pay the application fee: The fee for a TRV application varies depending on where you are applying from and whether you are applying online or on paper.
5.   Submit your application: You will need to submit your application form and supporting documents to the visa office responsible for your country or region.

Processing times for TRV applications can vary depending on the country and the complexity of each individual case.

Super Visa (for Parents and Grandparents)

The Supervisa is a type of visa that allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit their family in Canada for an extended period of time. It is a multi-entry visa that is valid for up to 10 years and allows the visa holder to stay in Canada for up to five years at a time.

To be eligible for a Supervisa, the applicant must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and must provide proof of medical insurance coverage for at least one year, among other requirements. The medical insurance must meet certain minimum requirements and be valid for the entire duration of the visit.

The Supervisa is a popular option for parents and grandparents who wish to spend an extended period of time with their family in Canada, as it allows them to stay in the country for up to two years at a time without the need to renew their visa. As a super visa holder you need to renew and/or maintain your medical insurance while in Canada and on re-entry.

It’s important to note that the Supervisa is a temporary visa and does not grant the visa holder permanent resident status in Canada. If the visitor wishes to stay in Canada permanently, they may need to explore other immigration options, such as the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program or other immigration programs for skilled workers.

Temporary Resident Permit

A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is a document issued by Canadian immigration authorities that allows a foreign national who is otherwise inadmissible to enter or remain in Canada for a limited period of time. It is typically issued in situations where an individual is inadmissible due to criminality or medical reasons, but has compelling reasons to enter or remain in Canada, such as for family reasons, work, or to attend a special event.

To be eligible for a TRP, the individual must demonstrate that their need to enter or remain in Canada outweighs the potential risk they may pose to Canadian society, and that they have taken steps to address the inadmissibility issue.

A TRP can be issued for a period of up to three years, and can be renewed if the individual continues to meet the eligibility criteria. However, a TRP does not guarantee permanent residency or citizenship in Canada, and the individual may still be subject to immigration enforcement measures once the TRP expires.